Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ugly Sweater Day


So, today was "Ugly Sweater Day" at school, and I had to actually search my closet in order to find sweaters that I thought were ugly, even though I'm sure that on terms of normal humans, I own at least a dozen really normal sweaters.

First up, and the eventual winner was this vintage thrifted Silvercord sweater that is covered front and back with strange eye-less dogs. It's horribly wonderful, and I couldn't pass up this opportunity to actually wear this sweater to school!



 Next was this bright yellow sweater with elbow-length sleeves, and red stars. The McDonalds-meets-Rachel-from-Glee feel of this sweater made it an almost-winner, but it's been bundled up in my closet for such a long time that it had some nasty wrinkles, and I thought that the shorter sleeves would be an uncomfortably cold choice for the day. It is an adorably ugly sweater, though, and I'm really excited to wear it one day, eventually. By the way, I believe that this sweater is vintage, and is a Perry Ellis.

 This sweater is a disturbingly neon hand-knit piece from Heirlooms Classics. The teal, orange, pink, and purple paisley is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, but I just couldn't pass up thrifting this for myself when I heard that my Drama Closet at school was being dumped of all it's "modern" sweaters. (I also got a great pair of vintage heels that day!)

 This particular sweater is comprised of some super-itchy wool (I think), and is from Nell Flowers by J.G. Hook. It's honestly super-cozy in size, but really can't be worn without some full clothing on under it, so I had to pass it up today, as my school trends on being blazing-inferno warm during the winter. 'Tis a shame, though. This sweater is delicious.

'Til next time,
 -Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment