Friday, December 17, 2010

Geekin' it Up

These babies (though the picture doesn't do them justice) are my glasses. Without them, I think I may fully well be defined as "blind" by some. Honestly, these Lacoste glasses, with their black plastic, and slightly-marbled detail at the temple make my day. I picked these up at some point last May, when, after a scary stint in the hallways at school, I realized that I should probably get my eyes checked. Come to find out, I reaaaally needed these things. Thank goodness I wasn't driving at the time.

I've always liked glasses. Ever since I was a kid, I always thought that the dorky, somewhat awkward appearance of glasses was awesome, and though I never really got into the whole "emo" phase, I was delighted when glasses worked their way back into fashion. I love the large, almost over-sized grandpa frames, and the 1960s black plastic.

Two of my favourite brands right now for glasses are my beloved Lacoste, and Michael Stars. Both lines are really working a vintage-inspired line right now, and I like that the glasses aren't over-the-top runway fashions, but are actually affordable, realistic pieces of eye-ware for the average Joe.

 I just recently bought Stars 1960s-inspired 'Punctual' glasses, and had them fitted with my prescription in tinted glass. Viola, stylish, amazing sunglasses! Below is a picture of these Punctual frames.

I've actually taken to these glasses so strongly that I'm thinking I may buy another pair to use as my regular glasses.

Give your eyes some lovin',

Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment